Many people do not believe that old marble floors can be completely revitalized to their original condition, even after years of wear and tear. By working with specialist marble restorers, such as ourselves, it is entirely possible for an old, dull floor, to be rejuvenated to look as good as new! With specialist techniques, products, equipment, and processes, if you are living with a dull marble surface get in touch, and we will bring it back to its former glory!
Restoring marble is the cheapest and most effective way to revitalize the surface. If you own a marble floor, instead of assuming it is past its best, investigate working with an expert and you will be amazed at the possibilities. Restoration is also much quicker than a complete replacement, as well as more environmentally friendly. If you are debating between restoration and replacement please get in touch for a free, no-pressure conversation and allow us to rejuvenate your property!
The first stages of a restoration project are always cleaning. The rest of the process will vary depending on the type of marble, the condition, and the setting, but this first stage is almost always the same. Cleaning worn marble is an exceptionally delicate task and our team of experts take great care, using professional quality products and equipment to thoroughly but gently clean the stone. Once the clean has been completed any repairs that are required will take place. These are longlasting and will be unnoticeable once the work is completed.
Once this first stage has taken place we come to grinding. Using a powerful piece of specialist equipment, our expert team grinds the surface to ensure all levels are equal. This removes any roughness or edges that have built up over time and smooths the floor to a flat level. This process also deals with any scratches and stains, including extremely deep issues. Next up, is honing. Honing is the part of the process that brings the shine to the marble. It also removes any final scratches or stains and uniforms the overall appearance to give it that beauty specific to marble. It takes place by smoothing the marble surface with industrial diamonds!
Again, using industrial diamonds, the polishing begins. These diamonds are smaller graded than the ones used for honing and will facilitate a semi-shining or shining effect. Finally buffing and crystallization takes place to create the mirror-like shine. It carefully utilizes a specialist chemical reaction that creates a microfilm over the top of the marble. This also adds protection to the surface helping to preserve color and brightness.
Depending on the condition of your marble surface you may not require all of these processes. For some floors polishing and buffing will be enough, whereas for others simply honing. Please feel welcome to get in touch with us for a clearer picture of what your stone requires to bring it back to its best!
There are a lot of reasons why you might need a Marble Restoration Service for your home or business. A few of the most common ones are:
– Marble has been stained or damaged
– Marble is looking old and dingy
– Marble needs to be sealed again after it’s already been resealed within the last six months
– Marble contains chips, cracks, scratches. or other blemishes that require some special attention like polishing them out with a diamond pad.
Choosing who to hire can be difficult as there are many different companies out there advertising their services. To help make this decision easier for you we have some advice when choosing Marble Restoration Service:
· Expertise – The first thing to consider is what type of experience and expertise the Marble Restoration Service has. You must work with someone who knows all about marble and its specific needs as it can be fragile material.
· Price – When looking for a company, it’s also wise to keep cost in mind when making your decision. Ask if there are any discounts or pricing packages available before committing to one service provider over another due to price differences only. You may find out that they have some specials going on such as free estimates or 50% off services offered throughout certain periods so ask!
· Warranty – How long does the warranty last? Is it transferable should something happen with the same piece of furniture down the line? These types of questions need answers! The timeframe varies by company but makes sure you know what’s being offered before making a final decision.